Is it time? Are you so ready to change your life, have an active lifestyle and make the right choices? If so, this blog is exactly what you need. Keep on reading.
You want to know how to stop being lazy and put a plan together to become more active? You might be scared of the process or do not know where to start your active lifestyle journey. That’s okay, and it’s actually the way it should be!
If you are not active and seeking an active lifestyle, you must know that you will need to change your life and commit to your new choices.
Wait! Don’t be scared or discouraged! We are not talking about big changes but SMALL CHANGES you can do every day to change your life and have a more active lifestyle. Always remember that these changes are great for you!
We can help you with that!
Did you know that it’s actually not that hard to be active? You can have an active lifestyle, feel better with your choice, have more energy, and have an overall better quality of life without hitting the gym 24/7?
Do you feel lazy, older than you are, and lack passion for life in general? Don’t worry! This article can help you out!
We give a list of tips & tricks you can do to regain your energy and have a fun, active lifestyle.
Let’s be honest! Having an active lifestyle is key to happiness and success. In this article, we will show you how to be active and live a healthier lifestyle.
Having an active lifestyle doesn’t mean that you have to work out like a beast 7 days a week! Nope! It just means that you have to incorporate small daily actions, routines, and choices in your life. You will instantly be more active with no extreme efforts.
We are happy to have you on board! Keep on reading to get answers on how to reach your active lifestyle goals to change and organize your life.
Table of Content
- 1. HAVE A POSITIVE MINDSET!
- 2. LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO DANCE
- 3. WEAR YOUR FITNESS CLOTHES
- 4. PRACTICE GOOD DAILY HOUSEKEEPING
- 5. GET A FUNNY PET!
- 6. MAKE FRIENDS AND SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
- 7. DRINK A LOT OF WATER
- 8. GET A WORKOUT BUDDY!
- 9. GO FOR A WALK
- 10. IF IT’S SUNNY, GO ON A BEAUTIFUL BIKE RIDE!
- BONUS TIP: SET A GOAL!
1. HAVE A POSITIVE MINDSET!
Having a positive mindset will help you have an active lifestyle. When you are a positive person, you are happier. When you are happier, you want to accomplish more things in life. And to be honest, having a positive mindset brings more people into your life.
WHEN YOU HAVE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE, YOU BECOME MORE ACTIVE!
The way that it works:
Somehow, when you have a positive mindset, you have more confidence, and you find new ways to live your life. You become more thankful and appreciative of the things you have! Additionally, you will start looking for ways to stop being lazy to appreciate life more, and experience new things every day.
If you want to know how to have a positive mindset, keep on reading!
Steps to build a positive mindset that will encourage you to have an active lifestyle:
- Read funny quotes daily.
- Watch funny TV shows. (However, do not watch too much TV)
- Remind your family that you love them. (Works for friends too! haha)
- Love yourself and practice self-care. If you need ideas for self-care, read this article.
- Don’t be too serious, because life is not that serious. You have to enjoy it!
- Appreciate what you have.
- Be thankful and write down what you are grateful for.
- Stay away from negative situations and negative people.
2. LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO DANCE
Listening to great Pump It Up or Feel Good songs can be therapeutic! Sometimes when you are sad or tired, all you need to do is listen to the right music to make you feel so much better and boost your energy!
When you listen to music that moves you, you are more likely to think about happy things and get moving and start dancing! The Feel Good music creates a positive energy that will make you want to dance and appreciate life. Guess what? No one can’t take this moment away from you!
IF YOU WANT AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE, LISTEN TO YOUR FAVORITE FEEL GOOD SONGS AND GET MOVING!
ONE MORE THING that could happen: Listening to the right music at the right time could give you the energy to start a workout session!
3. WEAR YOUR FITNESS CLOTHES
If you want a fun trick to have a more active lifestyle, there it is! Wear your fitness clothes!
The idea behind wearing your fitness clothes or gym attire is that your mind will think that you are ready to workout!
It’s great because it will push you to do the following:
- Do everything faster
- Use Gym postures
- Use your muscle more
And let’s face it! You might end up at the gym as well!
Many people get lazy to go to the gym because they have to change from their daily outfits to their gym clothes. However, if you are already wearing your gym clothes, all you have to do is go to the gym!
4. PRACTICE GOOD DAILY HOUSEKEEPING
Good housekeeping will keep you busy every day, which is great for your active lifestyle journey! Yup. This is a quick trick that will instantly change your life and organize your life as well. One more thing, your calorie burn will also intensify! When you clean your house, you become active, and this can actually be a good workout! (If you do it in your gym clothes, you will feel like you are working out for sure!)
5. GET A FUNNY PET!
What we mean by that is, get a pet that you will love, that will love you back, and that will make you laugh every day! Having a pet will make you way more active (especially a dog!).
With a pet, you will be less lonely. You can never go wrong with loving your pet! If you love your pet, you will be more active. You will go to the store to buy accessories; you will play with your pet and laugh with it as well.
Now, only get a pet if you will devote your love to it. Only get a pet if you will care for it every single day. Do not get a pet just because you want an active lifestyle. Treat your pet like a precious member of your family.
BONUS INFO: Having a pet will make you happier and give you a healthier lifestyle. People with dogs live longer than lonely people.
6. MAKE FRIENDS AND SPEND QUALITY TIME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
Pick your friends well! Having great friends will help you stay active. You will have a social life, and you will embark on great activities too!
Being lonely is what you want to avoid if you’re going to be healthier, happier, and have an active lifestyle.
When you have a social life, you are less likely to experience loneliness, and you are more likely to be active.
Additionally, when family and friends surround you, you will automatically have a lot of things to do to keep up with them, and your life will be more active.
Once again, to change your life, you don’t need to make significant changes. Just make the right choices!
7. DRINK A LOT OF WATER
You can’t think of a healthy and active lifestyle without accepting that you will need to drink a lot of water.
Having a cup of water in the morning is always part of the best morning routines!
You might ask yourself why being active and drinking a lot of water go together. That is a great thing to ask! Well, think water as gasoline! You are the car, and you need gasoline to start the car and get moving! So if you drink a lot of water, you will accomplish more and build up energy to have an active lifestyle.
So don’t hesitate to add this to your list of things to change your life. Check out this water bottle that you can bring everywhere with you!
8. GET A WORKOUT BUDDY!
If you want an active lifestyle and stay motivated to change your life, get a workout buddy!
Yup, you have to get moving. Get that heart rate up a little, but make sure that you don’t go to the extreme. Remember that you are doing this with your friend to have fun, it’s not a competition!
When you have a workout buddy, it’s always easier to join fitness classes because you already know at least 1 person there! Another great thing you can do is to watch Youtube workout videos together and laugh while workout out! If you don’t like fitness or cardio, you can also try stretch workouts or practice quick yoga sessions daily!
Laughing and working out is a great combination that will keep you on track to a happy and active lifestyle journey! Just try anything possible to fit fitness into your schedule to stay in shape and to become active.
9. GO FOR A WALK
Going for a walk is probably the best and easiest way to keep an active lifestyle! It’s always great to go for a daily walk because it is a way to rediscover your surroundings! And yes, it’s a great way to get moving too.
Great things that happen when you go for a walk:
- You say “Hi” to people, which makes you feel like you matter. Exchanging a smile with a neighbor or stranger is a way to stay social.
- You build an active lifestyle habit.
- You might meet someone amazing!
- You will see people with their funny pets!
- You will feel like you are doing something great for your physical and mental health.
- You will be able to relax and think about something different than the problems in your life.
- You will be able to reconnect without yourself and think of ways to organize your life to be happier and more active overall.
- You listen to your favorite songs and think about the good times you’ve experienced with these songs!
- Go for long walks on the weekends (this is one of the best morning routines for the weekend)
So next time you think you are not active enough, just go for a walk. Appreciate the world around you! Get your 10,000 steps in!
Few Watch Brands for Step Count:
If you want to keep an active lifestyle, going for a daily walk is key!
10. IF IT’S SUNNY, GO ON A BEAUTIFUL BIKE RIDE!
To have an active lifestyle, you will need to do things that you enjoy. Have new habits to change your life! If you like biking, you should go on a bike ride regularly. You can do that a few times a month when the weather allows it.
Benefits of going on a bike ride:
- You can go shopping for bike stuff (it can be fun if you like shopping).
- You can go places where the landscape is breathtaking.
- You can go on a ride bike around the lake and watch the beautiful birds and ducks. You will connect with nature!
- You will have toned legs!
- Going on a bike ride is an easy workout.
BONUS TIP: SET A GOAL!
- How active do you want to be?
- What type of active lifestyle are you trying to achieve?
These are the questions you need to ask yourself before you start Your active lifestyle journey!
If you didn’t take notes yet, review the SUMMARY below:
- Have a positive mindset!
- Listen to good music that makes you want to dance
- Wear your fitness clothes
- Practice good daily housekeeping
- Get a funny pet!
- Make friends and spend time with family and friends!
- Drink a lot of water
- Get a workout buddy
- Go for a walk
- If it’s sunny, go on a beautiful bike ride!
- Bonus tip: Set a goal
List of other things you can do to have an active lifestyle:
- Do your own groceries, and walk to the grocery store if it is not too far from where you live.
- Make dinner for your whole family. A huge dinner requires a lot of energy, and you will be on your feet all day! As long as you don’t taste everything on the menu, this is a great way to stay active and have fun. You also get a personal reward when your family or friends tell you that you should make dinner more often! Haha.
- Do some volunteer work. When you volunteer to help others, you do little things that make the world a better place. Helping others will keep you active, and you might also make someone’s day!
AS A CONCLUSION, having an active lifestyle is now that difficult, but it requires strategy!
It is so important to have an active lifestyle. Being active can change someone’s life. You do not want to have the regret later in life that you didn’t take care of yourself, then realize that it is too late to attempt to have an active lifestyle. Just live your life to the fullest. Please don’t be so serious, and don’t make things more complicated than what they already are.
Sometimes you need to STOP, reflect on your life and go in the right direction.
So don’t hesitate to do these easy tips and tricks for your physical activity! You will see that you will feel so much better about yourself and that your energy will grow!
Be proud of who you are and go for a walk, meet friends, have healthy habits, and you will develop a healthier lifestyle. And guess what? You can also use these tips and ideas for self care and ways to organize your life.
PRO TIP for women entrepreneurs: Successful self-made millionaires have an active lifestyle. Being active allows them to meet the right people, get involved with the community, and have the energy to grow their business.
Check out this fun related article if you want to organize your life while on your journey to change your life: